Weed Hygiene Toowoomba
How to wash down a vehicle
(guide only) – ensure all safety precautions are taken (read vehicle/machine/equipment operating manual prior to cleaning).
• Place vehicle/machine in a safe position - stable and immobile
• Stop engine, apply park brake, chock wheels and lower all implements or secure/chock them if they are required up for cleaning (eg slasher)
• Ensure the area is free of obstructions/objects that may cause injury (logs, powerlines etc)
• Examine the item for cleaning to determine extent of mud, dust and plant material build up.
• Identify any points that require specific attention eg behind guards and protective plates, radiators,spare tyres etc these may be difficult to locate and access.
• Remove necessary guards/belly plates to access areas for cleaning.
• Identify areas that may require cleaning with compressed air rather than water. Do these first.
• Clean under guards and underneath machinery/vehicle and then do the cabin, upper body and implements.
• Tool boxes and storage compartments may also require cleaning.
• Move vehicle/machine with caution. Avoid re-contamination, wash remaining mud etc on
• Carry out final inspection to ensure all areas have been cleaned.
• Replace guards (belly plates)
Machinery and vehicle cleandown
Points to consider when cleaning -down vehicles and machinery:
No procedure or work instruction can list all the parts to consider during cleandown of vehicle,
machinery and equipment due to factors such as:
• Numerous different models and new models
• Different attachments (eg. Different types of blades on dozers)
• Different modifications, either in the factory or frequently by the previous owner
• Varying condition of the machinery, eg. Rusted parts allowing entry of contaminants into sections
usually sealed etc.
For more information visit
Follow the checklist
- Side Steps
- Belly Plates
- Flooring Mats
- Wheels & Spares
- Inspection Plates
- Fuel Tank Guards
- Walking Gear
- Wheel Arches
- Cover Plates
- Draw Bar
- Tyre Rims
- Bumper Bar
- Wipers Recess
- Axels Boot / Rear
- Diff s
- Gear Box
- Mud Flaps
- Chassis Rails
- Side Guards
- Engine Bay
- Cabin Wheel Well
- Sump Guards